Apple iPadOS 17: Release date and time
Apple is set to start rolling out the iPadOS at 10.30 pm in India today (September 18). iPad users can download and install the latest OS update once it’s rolled out. Do keep in mind that it could take a few minutes for the update to show on your iPad. Also, the time taken to download the update will depend primarily on your network connectivity and speed.
Take a backup of your iPad
It is advisable that you take a backup of the iPad before downloading the latest OS update. You can back up iPad using iCloud or your computer. The most common method is using iCloud. Here is how you can backup your data using iCloud:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup.
- iCloud automatically backs up your iPad daily when iPad is connected to power, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi.
- To perform a manual backup, tap Back Up Now.
Do keep in mind that
n Wi-Fi + Cellular models that support 5G, your carrier may give you the option to back up iPad using your cellular network. Go to Settings > [
] > iCloud > iCloud Backup, then turn on or off Backup Over Cellular.
Once you have taken the backup, you can now install iPadOS 17. Here’s how to install iPadOS 17 on your iPad:
- Back up your iPad to iCloud or to a computer.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- If the update is available, tap Download and Install.
- Enter your passcode if prompted.
- Your iPad will download and install the update. Once the update is complete, your iPad will restart