E-PAN Card Apply Online: A Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department of India to individuals and entities for tax purposes. It is a unique identifier for each taxpayer and is used to track their financial transactions. The traditional process of obtaining a physical PAN card can take some time due to printing, postage, and manual handling. To make the process faster, e-PANs are generated and delivered electronically, reducing the issuance time significantly.
e-PAN facility is for allotment of Instant PAN (on near-real time basis) for those applicants who possess a valid Aadhaar number. PAN is issued in PDF format to applicants, which is free of cost. e-PAN is a digitally signed PAN card issued in electronic format based on e-KYC data of Aadhaar.
The Instant e-PAN service is available to all individual taxpayers, who have not been allotted a PAN but possess Aadhaar. This is a pre-login service, where you can:
- Obtain digitally signed PAN in electronic format, free of cost, with the help of Aadhaar and your mobile number linked with Aadhaar,
- Update PAN details as per Aadhaar e-KYC,
- Create e-Filing account based on e-KYC details after allotment / updation of PAN, and
- Check status of pending e-PAN request / Download e-PAN either before or after logging in to the e-Filing portal.
Benefits of e-PAN;
- Easy & paperless process
- All you need is Aadhaar & linked mobile number
- e-PANs are legally valid and widely accepted for all purposes that require a PAN, including filing income tax returns, conducting financial transactions, and fulfilling KYC requirements.
Steps to get e-PAN;
Firstly, visit the e-Filing portal of the Income Tax Department: https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
Step 1: Go to the e-Filing portal homepage, click Instant e-PAN.
Step 2: On the e-PAN page, click Get New e-PAN.
Step 3: On the Get New e-PAN page, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, select the I confirm that checkbox and click Continue.
If the Aadhaar is already linked to a valid PAN, this message will be displayed: Entered Aadhaar Number is already linked with a PAN.
If the Aadhaar is not linked with any mobile number, the following message is displayed: Entered Aadhaar Number is not linked with any active mobile number.
Step 4: On the OTP validation page, click I have read the consent terms and agree to proceed further. Click Continue.
Step 5: On the OTP validation page, enter the 6-digit OTP received on the mobile number linked with Aadhaar, select the checkbox to validate the Aadhaar details with UIDAI and click Continue.
Step 6: On the Validate Aadhaar Details page, select the I Accept that checkbox and click Continue.
On successful submission, a success message is displayed along with an Acknowledgement Number. Keep a note of the Acknowledgement ID for future reference. You will also receive a confirmation message on your mobile number linked with Aadhaar.