Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) refers to a type of wireless communication that provides high-speed internet access to fixed locations or buildings, using wireless technology instead of traditional wired connections such as fibre optic cables or copper lines. This means that broadband via FWA devices do not require any wires or installation whatsoever.
“JioAirFiber delivers fiber-like speed over the air without any wires. You just have to just plug it in, turn it on, and that’s it. You now have a personal Wi-Fi hotspot in your home, connected to ultra-high-speed internet using True 5G. With JioAirFiber, it will be really easy to quickly connect your home or office to Gigabit-speed Internet,” says the company on its website.
Cities Jio AirFiber has launched
Jio AirFiber has launched in eight metros: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
Jio AirFiber prices and speed
Jio AirFiber plans start at Rs 599. The company is offering speeds up to 1Gbps. There is no installation fee. This means users need not spend anything on installation of Jio AirFiber.
How to get Jio AirFiber
Step 1: Get in touch with Reliance Jio
▪ Give a missed call on 60008-60008 to start booking on WhatsApp or
▪ Visit www.jio.com or
▪ Visit your nearest Jio Store
Step 2: Book your JioAirFiber connection
▪ Register for JioAirFiber services in a few easy steps
Step 3: Get confirmation
▪ Reliance Jio say that it will get in touch with you and connect your home on priority, as soon as services in your building are ready.
Akash Ambani on Jio AirFiber launch
Speaking at the launch of JioAirFiber, Akash Ambani, Chairman, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, said, “Our extensive fiber-to-the-home service, JioFiber, already serves over 10 million customers, with hundreds of thousands more getting connected each month. But there are still millions of homes and small businesses to be connected at a rapid pace. With JioAirFiber, we are expanding our addressable market to rapidly cover every home in our country with similar quality of service. JioAirFiber will enable millions of homes with world-class digital entertainment, smart home services and broadband, through its solutions across education, health, surveillance and smart home.”
1. Digital Entertainment: 550+ Digital TV Channels; Catch-up TV that will allow users to go back as long as they want and pull out their favourite shows; offer 16+ OTT Apps
3. Smart Home service: Cloud PC for Education and Work-from-home; Security and Surveillance solutions; Healthcare; Education; Smarthme IOT; gaming; and home networking.
4. Home Devices at no additional cost: WiFi router; 4k Smart Set Top Box; and Voice-active remote